About the Project
Jackson School have successfully completed a pilot phase of the School Community Partnership.
A number of partnerships and actions have evolved from the work of the Action Team model and include:
- Matchworks – The developing of a process for students to begin exploring open employment options whilst still in school. Matchworks representatives would visit Jackson School to meet students and develop some rapport and a relationship with students. This enhanced the students knowledge about open employment as one of many pathways a student can choose school.
- Jackson School and Western Health In 2017 a number of programs were established with Sunshine Hospital including, volunteering, garden maintenance, OP shop retail work, library distribution, student performance, community celebrations and reading to patients.
- Brimbank City Council is working closely with Jackson School around improving the linking of local services available for residents to Jackson parents and students.
The Jackson School Community Partnership Project has completed it’s fourth year. A highlight for 2017 is the partnership with Western Health Sunshine Hospital. To read the full story please click here
|Joan O’Connor-Cox||Principal||Jackson School|
|Sue Wilkinson||Wellbeing Coordinator||Jackson School|
|Kris Parsons||Transitions & Pathways||Jackson School|
|Leon Cox||Work Education Manager||Victoria University|
|Robin Lockington||Partnership Broker||Brimbank Melton LLEN|
|Viet Nguyen||Direct Registration Coordinator Employment Consultant||Matchworks|
|Michael Homann||General Manager - Operations||Mambourin|
|Lisa Frost||Metro Access Officer||Brimbank City Council|
|Jo Spence||Sunshine Hospital||Volunteer Coordinator|
|Simon Davies||Teacher||Jackson School|
|Lee Martin||Teacher||Jackson School|
|Christine Tidswell||Senior Secondary Department Assistant||Jackson School|
The Action Team partnerships continue to grow and strengthen decisions to maintain focus on the project’s two key objective areas was agreed:
- Improving Post-School Transitions into Further Education, Training, & Employment
- Improving Parental & Family Engagement