CTS ” Exploring life after school – A community career conversation” Forum 2013
The Community Transition Support team brokered a forum on Tuesday 15 October 2013 held at Moonee Valley Racecourse. The forum: Exploring life after school: A community career conversation was attended by 85 participants with representation from the LLEN Consortia and Management Committee members. The day consisted of a Welcome by David Kennedy (Executive Officer) Inner Northern LLEN, a CTS Introduction and Overview by Meri Ivanovska (Manager) CTS followed by some keynote guest speakers including:
Eden, a young ambassador from the Banksia Gardens Ambassadors project Mark Glascodine (Career Development Consultant) Linda, a parent ambassador from the Banksia Gardens Ambassadors project.
The day included some table ‘conversations’ led by a range of stakeholders. The table conversations looked at existing career practice models for education settings, existing partnerships and the successful transitions into employment and other good case examples of partnerships and work in the transition space.
A workbook provided to participants on the day provided opportunities for reflection and round table discussions which were collated at the end of the day.The Exploring life after school: A community career conversation forum was supported by a dedicated and supportive Forum Steering Group. Seven representatives from a range of stakeholders met twice before the forum and once post to discuss the development, implementation and evaluation.
2013 Forum Presentation Materials
- CTS Forum Introduction – Wesley Employment Services (PDF, 67KB)
- Brief history and introduction – Duke Street Community House (PDF, 40KB)
- ADEC Presentation (PDF, 207KB)
- Transition to Employment Program – Alpha Autism (PDF, 52KB)
- Alpha Austism Transition Info (PDF, 161KB)
- Milparinka- Brief service description (PDF, 13KB)
- Milparinka- Brochure and principles Individualised Lifestyles (PDF, 77KB)
- Milparinka- Jenny’s Story (PDF, 18KB)
- Disability Mythbusters (PDF, 262KB)
- Job Access (PDF, 496KB)
- Mark Glascodines Presentation (PDF, 762KB)
- National Disability Recruitment Coordinator (NDRC) (PDF, 2.4MB)
- Ticket to Work Information Flyer 2013 (PDF, 116KB)