NW CTS “Building Lives, Creating Futures” Conference 2014
The 2014 CTS Conference ‘Building Lives, Creating Futures’ brought together Specialist Schools, community service organisations, further education and training providers and industry and business from the North West region of Melbourne.
The Conference was an opportunity for the individual speakers and services to showcase a range of good case examples of transition processes, options available for students and young adults and positive school-post school outcomes
The Conference held on Wednesday 20 August 2014 was a great success with over 90 people in attendance on the day. The event show cased good practice in career and transition for young people with disabilities from a local, state, national and international perspective.
Representatives from the 22 specialist schools across the North and West of Melbourne were well represented as was industry and business, community services, further education and training providers and government representatives.
Some documents presented at the NW CTS Conference 2014 available for download:
- Broadmeadows Special Development School Presentation (PDF, 4.2MB)
- DEECD- Career Development Presentation
- Keynote Presentation Griffith University
- Keynote Presentation Griffith University Transition Practices
- Mary Tobin- Parental Engagement
- MaryTobin- Worksheet, Parent Survey Questions
- Mary Tobin- Worksheet, How family friendly is your school checklist